kelemvor

No software is being installed during the OSD

So one of our images is running through to completeion but it seems to just be skipping every step it comes across after the first reboot into the Setup Windows step. I don't see any errors in the smsts.log file (attached). It's doing a lot of "Parsing step node:" but then it doesn't seem to actually do anything. The SCCM Client doesn't install and none of my applications install. These all used to work and I have no idae what the heck broke them.

Since the client doesn't even seem to install I can't test deploying these manually either.

Are there any other log files I can check that might shed some light on this or does anyone have any ideas?

I'm brand new to SCCM and am just trying to get our base images up and running so we can start wrking on more advanced things.

Thanks!!

smsts-20140701-132325.log

My best bet is that the client isn't installing the correct drivers. When the client comes back after the reboot, can you hit F8 and ping your SCCM server? Does the client get an IP address?

To hit F8 you need to enable command support (cant remember what its called now, on my mobile) in the boot image properties and then update it on the DP.

I had this exact issue last week, all was fine then suddenly the client stopped going on and so applications never installed.

Anyway it turned out that my source files for the client had corrupted somehow (maybe A/V or an update?).

Check the source directory for files that are 0kb in size, and replace them with the proper sized versions from program files(x86)\system center configuration manager\client

And then update your distribution point.

If that's not it, on one of the failed deployments navigate to C:\windows\ccmsetup\ and retrieve the log from there for more info.

I think is normally about client get IP, log display this.

See:

<![LOG[Found network adapter "Intel® Ethernet Connection I217-LM" with IP Address 10.110.20.47.

In this case I advise check your folder files agree post up.