rax

How do multiple capture Boot images work + qestions

Question

Im fairly new to WDS but have got an Install Image function to work

Additonally I created 2 Boot Images one for the Install Image function and a 2nd one for a Capture Image of a Laptop

Now if I want to capture an Image of a server should I be creating another Boot Image and set that to capture Image

Or do i still use the first capture boot image.

I will be deploying both Laptop and server sysprepped images using WDS

2 questions

Can you automate wds to create one large partition and format it as one drive without user interaction

Also how do you get rid of the Keyboard locale prompt as im in Uk and alway have to select United Kingdom rather than the default

2 answers to this question

for your first question try the capture image you already have, if it doesnt work then build a new one with network support in it for the server

for your other two questions, it depends on the os but essentially yes by using WSIM (look at the guides here) and sysprep.inf or unattend.txt

cheers

I think im struggling to get into my head the understanding of capture image steps in wds

Firstly we create a Boot image (basically type of boot loader screen you want)

Secondly we right click it to change to capture image (this is where it stores the Os ????)

Thirdly we make a boot image again pointing to the Capture image we did in step 2 (to deploy the OS)

I think me coming from a symantec ghost background is confusing my understanding of WDS.