jimbocalvo

Build & Capture Sequence Skipping

Hi guys, I am having a most frustrating time with my Build & Capture process.

It has been working like a dream, but last week I went to make a new reference image to incorporate some changes and when the "Apply Operating System" step in the task sequence is meant to happen it simply skips over it. I get no errors and the next few steps (Apply Windows Settings, Apply Network Settings, Apply Device Drivers) appear to run ok then when "Setup windows and ConfigMgr" goes to run it errors with 0x80004005.

That error I think is clearly because there is no operating system as the step to install it hasn't run.

I recreated my Operating System Install Package and it still hasnt worked.

I can deploy my current reference image no problem, and if I try to use the "install.wim" from the Windows 7 media I get the annoying the Windows on a D: drive issue :-(

Has anynone seen this before where the Apply Operating System just skips through without installing the Operating System.

thanks in advance.

James