Muhammad

PXE Boot Issue

First of all, do you have unknown computer support enabled?

In here:

post-20536-0-35786900-1404924143_thumb.png

On the Administration Console go to: Administration\Site Configuration\Servers and Site System Roles\

Select the server in question, and in the roles section underneath, select properties for "Distribution Point" and then the "PXE" tab.

Great, no more of those errors.

Now it is saying: "...no advertisements found..."

what you need to do is either:

Import the MAC Address of the computer (VM??) in question which you are trying to PXE boot in to a collection with an OSD TS deployed to it.

OR

Deploy an OSD TS to the "unknown computers" group within SCCM.

Let me know how you get on :)

Thanks a lot,

Can you please be a bit more specific with few steps and tips how to perform these steps to complete process you advise.

1- How to Import the MAC Address of the computer SCCM 2012 R2 which is VM which I am trying to PXE boot in to a collection with an OSD TS deployed to it

I understand OSD - Operating System Deployment

What is the Meaning of TS

OR

2- How to Deploy an OSD TS to the "unknown computers" group within SCCM 2012 R2

From your pictures, you have VMWare as your VM?

In the network settings for the VM, the MAC Address should be there, make note of it and add it to SCCM following this guide from Step 10:

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6353-using-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-part-7-build-and-capture-windows-7-x64-sp1/

Or, if you want to deploy OSD to unknown computers, the collection you send it to is "Unknown Computers" or "All Systems", but in practice, I've seen many people the "All Systems" collection isn't the best to use for OSD, but I've used it many times and it's fine :).

I can go in to more detail if you wish

*TS = Task Sequence* :)