Jump to content


NEO-BAHAMUT-

Client Push Installation

Recommended Posts

Good evening all,

 

At my company I have been asked to take the rains of SCCM as our SCCM consultant has suddenly decided to leave.

 

I'm 'ok' with SCCM but far from being great. On a 1 to 10 scale I'm probably a 3 rating.

 

Anyway I decided that the best thing for me to do is set up SCCM in a lab at home and learn it. I'm currently working through my book and I've got stuck at the 'Client Push Installation' section.

 

I have set everything up correctly as far as I am aware however I am now trying to roll out Config Manager to a member server I have on my domain.

 

So I right click the server and hit the 'Install Client' button.

 

Then log on to my member server. I can see the on the root of the C: I now have a folder called SMS_SERVERNAME.domain.local. This folder is 12mb in size. I am also looking in task manager and I can see that the 'ccmsetup.exe (32 bit)' background process has started. I believe that this should eventually change to ccmexec.exe? at some point.

 

Anyway minutes later and ccmsetup.exe disappears and nothing after checking config manager has now installed the client.

 

Can anyone help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

 

Can you just check that the "BITS" service is running (both on the client and sccm server).

 

You seem to be having error: "0x800b0110"

 

And a little bit of searching came across this :)

 

There doesn't seem to be much info on this error code (from what I can find anyway), so hopefully it's as simple as that.

With the client in question being a server, you may need to add it as a role/feature (bits). Can't remember which it is lol.

 

Thanks, good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edenost - Ok I installed BITS on my client server and this has not fixed the issue.

 

I.hn.yang - How do you mean how is my DP configured? Is there a certain page I should be looking at. When looking at Administration > Servers and Site System Roles my SCCM server is the distribution point I haven't changed any settings in here and they are setup as default. See screen shot for General settings.

post-24757-0-07386600-1405008651_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Specify how client computers communicate with this distribution point: HTTPS requires computers to have a valid PKI Client Cert....in my DPs i have it set to HTTP.

 

May be worth looking into since it seems like the PC can't reach the distribution point. Not 100% sure though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Administration > Site Configuration > Sites > Right Click on your Site name and choose properties.

 

Click: Client Computer Communication and select "HTTPS or HTTP" , click OK.

 

Go back to your distribution point setting and the option should no longer be greyed :D I'll bet when you installed SCCM initially you had selected HTTPS at the setup installation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy had similar issues from the looks of things, but not EXACTLY the same...

 

Maybe try the hotfix if you're running SP1

 

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7417-installing-sccm2012-sp1-client-on-server-2012-fails-with-0x80004005/

 

Or this:

 

http://prakaash2109.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/failed-to-get-client-version-for.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i still think it's something to do with your distribution point configurations, even though you've made the change to allow http connections (non pki) - How does the C:\windows\ccmsetup folder look on your Client PC? Is it empty?

 

also, check your management point properties...is it set to https or http?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guy,

through above thread you have set it to “HTTP” and then -->

In lab environment, there is a simple and valuable method to try:Turn off the firewall of your SCCM server and client.

This just to check where the issue occur at the DP or server configuration and JUST IN THE LAB.

hope help~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys, So I got that tired of trying to trouble shoot my server I decided to rebuild it from scratch and re-install SCCM as HTTP :).

 

Again I go through all the correct methods and now when I am using Push Installation I am now getting the following errors. I have tried to troubleshoot this myself and found various articles but none are successful methods. I don't have a firewall enabled at the moment either.

 

thanks

 

Edit - I've seen there was an issue here too on this forum with the same errors I'm facing but not sure what the fix was.

post-24757-0-63953100-1405119128_thumb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rebuilding is a huge work,there is a very useful guide from anyweb in this forum you can refer to.

however,for further use,it's worth to record your steps in the setup progress.

good luck and hope feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't a big deal. I have it all setup within Hyper-V on my domain. I was able to revert to the last checkpoint which was easy. Just had to rebuild the SQL database.

 

What I can't understand is I have got all the roles for sccm installed on my one and only SCCM server. However even if I push the client out to the SCCM server I still get the same issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...