vargas

PXE-T01: File Not found, dhcp and wds on different servers.

Question

post-3296-1246652862.jpg

DHCP running on a Windows 2003 server

WDS running on a Windows 2008 server

Hello,

Have just installed and configured WDS, my problem is now that I can't get the client to boot from PXE. As in the picture my client can't find the nessescery boot files. We symantec ghost before, but i have discovered and deactivated it's services. I have looked at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library...358(WS.10).aspx , but can't manage to understand it.

Does anyone know how to configure this?

Help would have been appreciated.

Yes, but what is my tftp boot server, the DHCP server used to be, when we were using symantec ghost. This all got a bit confusing to me, friday is not the best day to work on such problems.

WDS installs TFTP server on the WDS server. Make sure to allow TFTP traffic through the firewalls.

All internal firewalls are set to off, so i belive it should be ok. But what now, if anyone that are realy good at WDS could take a look at my system or just help me via msn it would have been appreciated. At the moment i think my problem is my primary domain controller, which where the old PXE ghost thingy... maybe something needs to be defined in the DHCP?

*Looks like the PXE tryes to load from the TFTPBOOT on the DHCP server, as it always have done. If i deactivate TFTP services on the DHCP server, the client can't get any DHCP address.

*PXE-E52: ProxyDHCP offers were received. No DHCP offers were received.

if WDS is on a different box to DHCP then DHCP server options must point to the WDS box, look at the link i posted in the first reply, that shows you how to do it

Ok, yes, will do.

Ok, it actually made a difference :)

The first time I tried to PXE-boot after the edit in the DHCP (66= Boot Server Host Name and 67= Bootfile Name), the client made contact with the WDS server, i tried to accept, but could only get "denied". So i rejected it, when I now try to boot PXE again, I get PXE-E55: proxyDHCP service did not reply to request on port 4011.

Looking at http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.p...post&p=1354

I only got Vista and XP PE x86, does that mean that I have to make x64 also?

Could it be like in your case a password that is wrong or something? But why did it work the first time then?

create both boot images and test again. without seeing your actual setup it's hard to tell where the failure is at right now

Made the x64, but no difference. Tried to google it, seems like it's related to the DHCP? If you have time and want to see the actual setup, we could do it via remote just send me a PM, your help would have been greatly appreciated.

LOG:

Log Name: Application

Source: BINLSVC

Date: 27.07.2009 09:22:14

Event ID: 525

Task Category: BINLSVC

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: NA-WAIK.domain.local

Description:

An error occurred while trying to create the machine account for the following device. Please ensure that the machine naming policy is valid and that the service has the proper permissions in Active Directory Domain Services to create machine accounts.

Machine Naming Policy: %61Username%#

User: Domain Admins

OU: CN=Computers,DC=domain,DC=local

MAC Address: 00000000000000000000001372B8782C

GUID: 44454C4C460010378058B8C04F35324A

Error Information: 0x5

What service?