Jump to content


vikrammidha

Uninstalling Corrupt Software Update Patch - SCCM 2012

Recommended Posts

I was checking for the method to uninstall any software update patch in case need be. I came across one of the switch to use with the task sequence as below to uninstall any specific patch from systems :

C:\Windows\System32\wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:2781197 /quiet /norestart

where KB number is any patch which we would like to remove. The task sequence gave up the below error in TSAGENT.log but execmgr.log is clean without any errors :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task sequence launcher advertisement failed!. Code 0x80070480 TSAgent 6/26/2014 3:08:12 PM 2448 (0x0990)
Failed to delete registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SMS\Task Sequence\Active Request Handle. Error code 0x80070002 TSAgent 6/26/2014 3:08:12 PM 2448 (0x0990)
Failed to delete registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SMS\Task Sequence\Package. Error code 0x80070002 TSAgent 6/26/2014 3:08:12 PM 2448 (0x0990)
CTSAgent::Execute - Failed to launch Task Sequence manager. TSAgent 6/26/2014 3:08:12 PM 2448 (0x0990)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried creating a package just to check if that works, however several users have reported that task sequence is the only method that works but as that was not working in my case, so tried the package with a batch file using the same script as mentioned above but that came up with the below error :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EnterRsRuningState failed to run script PatchRemoval.bat 0x87d01106

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If i try to run the same script using the CMD prompt manually on client machine, it successfully removes the patch silently.

Not sure why this is not working as a task sequence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried deploying this task sequence on a physical machine and it came up with the below error in TSAGENT.log :

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error initializing policy environment variables. Code 0x8007000e TSAgent 7/18/2014 1:47:43 PM 6132 (0x17F4)
Error initializing TS environment. Code 0x8007000e TSAgent 7/18/2014 1:47:44 PM 6132 (0x17F4)
Task sequence launcher advertisement failed!. Code 0x8007000e TSAgent 7/18/2014 1:47:44 PM 6132 (0x17F4)
CTSAgent::Execute - Failed to launch Task Sequence manager. TSAgent 7/18/2014 1:47:44 PM 6132 (0x17F4)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Code 0x8007000e says "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation". But i believe there is no space requirement to delete an already installed patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried again and surprisingly this time, it worked on one of the windows 7 machine and the patch was removed.

However it did fail on 2 other machines (windows 7 and 8) with the below different errors :

............................................................................................................................................

Environment scope "Global\{51A016B6-F0DE-4752-B97C-54E6F386A912}" has already been created TSAgent 7/23/2014 5:46:55 PM 4884 (0x1314)
Error creating TS environment. Code 0x800700b7 TSAgent 7/23/2014 5:46:55 PM 4884 (0x1314)
Task sequence launcher advertisement failed!. Code 0x800700b7 TSAgent 7/23/2014 5:46:55 PM 4884 (0x1314)
Failed to delete registry value HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SMS\Task Sequence\Package. Error code 0x80070002 TSAgent 7/23/2014 5:46:55 PM 4884 (0x1314)
CTSAgent::Execute - Failed to launch Task Sequence manager. TSAgent 7/23/2014 5:46:55 PM 4884 (0x1314)

............................................................................................................................................

Please assist !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Garth,

 

Yes, saw it today, i could relate the error message to the link you provided. Followed the methods described in the link but that didnt help.

Moreover, this is happening with quite a few number of machines, This is not feasible to be done on multiple machines.

 

What i am not able to understand is how come it work on one of the machines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...