TimN_FL

Recommended Hotfix list for SCCM 2007 r3 installation

I was hoping for a little assistance. I am at a client site that is currently running SCCM 2007 R2. We have begun the planning stages for implementing SCCM 2012 R2, but during this transition period I wanted to go ahead and upgrade the site to SCCM 2007 R3 so they can make use of the enhancements and new features. We have testing the migration several times in our test lab, so I don't expect many surprises as far as that is concerned. But I did have a question as far as the recommended hotfixes that should be installed. to have everything working properly. The guides listed here on the site seem to have slightly dated lists

I have seen the list here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4505.list-of-public-kb-articles-and-hotfixes-for-configuration-manager-2007-sp2.aspx

but that list seems a bit daunting and I was hoping there was a more manageable list or is the recommendation that I request and download each of these updates to make sure that everything is working as it should. I have been reading the various articles and I have also noticed that a number of these updates were superseded by other updates. Ideally the list that I am looking for would be the hotfixes that I would need to install for all of the existing clients and the new ones created via an OSD task sequence.

Thanks again for any assistance.

You don't need to apply all of them, IMO I wouldn't bother upgrade them to CM07 R3, instead I would work on getting them up to CM12 R2 CU2. Why put all this effort in to CM07 when you are just going to replace it shortly?

With this project, shortly is a relative term. Best case scenario, we wouldn't be ready to install CM12 until after the first of the year but "patching" the existing clients are things that could be done now. The drivers for getting CM07 R3 installed now is for the image pre-staging and power management features.