anyweb

How can I sync the BIOS date in WinPE to avoid PXE boot failure with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager ?

i didnt spend any time figuring out how many hours off will cause an issue, but it's really the date that's the clincher as far as i could see, in other words if your date is off, it will fail to retrieve policy, the policy it's failing to retrieve is Machine Policy from Configuration Manager, not Group Policy from AD,

if you want to check how many hours make it also fail, feel free to do so :)

I wanted to note here (incase anyone else runs into the same issue) that our jacked up active directory was causing an issue with the net time command pointing to /domain instead of a computer.

So I modified the net time command line to this:

strCommand = ("cmd /c net time \\") & strServer & (" /set /y >") & (" ") & ("x:\WinPE_net_time.log")

That way it pulls the time off of our SCCM server.

Can someone tell me how to hide the CMD box. I would like it to just run hidden in the background mostly because the script is displaying the account information used to authenticate to the server or maybe since no one else has mentioned this maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I should note that I am using boot media not PXE I only have this issue with boot media pxe works fine.

Screenshot: (server name and domain crossed out)

post-10749-0-20884700-1423165630_thumb.png