Jump to content


Texasit

OSD not working after upgrading to SCCM 2012 R2

Recommended Posts

I updated our SCCM environment to CU3 last week and since I saw no issues so I upgraded to SCCM R2 over the weekend. Everything else seems fine but my OSD is not working. It will PXE boot, load the base image , install the drivers and the SCCM client but right after the client install it immediately boots to the Windows 7 login screen. It stops every time before it installs any of the applications in the task sequence. Any ideas why it would do that? I have attached the SMTS log file if you can decipher anything I may have overlooked. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had issues with OSD after upgrading to SCCM 2012R2 as well. I ended up re-creating boot images, mdt packages, etc, and creating a new task sequence using those packages. Everything else in the task sequence was pretty much copied over from the previous one.

 

Sorry I can't offer a better suggestion, but that did resolve the issues for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok I fixed it my task sequence was installing the old client somehow once I corrected that my task sequence worked. In my ccmsetup.log I saw the following entry Client version '5.00.7804.1000' is older than site version '5.00.7958.1000'

so if anyone is having a similar issue check the ccmsetup log file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...