Texasit

OSD not working after upgrading to SCCM 2012 R2

Question

I updated our SCCM environment to CU3 last week and since I saw no issues so I upgraded to SCCM R2 over the weekend. Everything else seems fine but my OSD is not working. It will PXE boot, load the base image , install the drivers and the SCCM client but right after the client install it immediately boots to the Windows 7 login screen. It stops every time before it installs any of the applications in the task sequence. Any ideas why it would do that? I have attached the SMTS log file if you can decipher anything I may have overlooked. Thanks for any help you can provide.

7 answers to this question

I had issues with OSD after upgrading to SCCM 2012R2 as well. I ended up re-creating boot images, mdt packages, etc, and creating a new task sequence using those packages. Everything else in the task sequence was pretty much copied over from the previous one.

Sorry I can't offer a better suggestion, but that did resolve the issues for me.

ok I fixed it my task sequence was installing the old client somehow once I corrected that my task sequence worked. In my ccmsetup.log I saw the following entry Client version '5.00.7804.1000' is older than site version '5.00.7958.1000'

so if anyone is having a similar issue check the ccmsetup log file.