PaulWhite@pickens.k12

Removing Clients from Collection after OSD

I have built a collection with no clients assigned and have a task sequence deployed to the collection to re-image the clients that are placed in. I have followed the steps to create the script and status filter rule. In my case it does not work, and I don't know why. I followed the instructions to the letter and even went through them several times. What am I missing? Does the task sequence have to be a MDT, at what point does the status rules run, or does when does the task sequence report back the success code? The machines work fine and I did have to change the deployment rule to only re-run if it failed otherwise it would just keep running. Should I abandon this method and use the powershell version instead? Anyone have this and overcome it? Thanks

https://mpgnotes.wordpress.com/tag/remove-a-computer-from-a-collection-when-osd-task-sequence-is-completed/

Maybe I just don't understand but I created the powershell script version of this as well and I still get the same results. The collection has no clients assigned and the task sequence is deployed as required. I move a client into the collection it runs, task sequence completes and the client just sits in the collection. What is the trigger to run the status rule, What makes the rule run that in turn runs the script to remove the client from the collection. I really need this to work. Jorgan if you are out there I could use the help. Thanks

The trigger is the component Task Sequence Manager in combination with the message Id 11171. As soon as a task sequence generates that message the rule will start. Also, make sure that the script is working before testing it in a status filter rule, because those rules don't generate any logging.