rpo101

Is it best practice to apply a GPO to disable automatic windows updates when using SCCM 2012 for windows updating?

Hi We recently began deploying Windows Updates via SCCM 2012. One of our end users machines did not have the client installed and had automatic windows updates enabled. Needless to say this caused the user to receive more updates than we wanted. Is it good to use a GPO to disable Automatic Updates when using SCCM 2012 for windows updates? Any advice is appreciated, I'm reading mixed feelings on this on the internet..

any other GPO setting recommended??

Yes, I would say it is strongly recommend and considered best practice, I have also clients, that when you troubleshoot the SCCM client and uninstall it or upgrade it, download updates and install them immediately like for instance IE11 on a Windows 7 client.

Regards,
Jörgen