behemyth

Salesforce Install

Question

I'm wondering if any of you guys have experience installing the Salesforce for Outlook plugin. I'm using a Powershell script to install everything, it goes great until it gets to the actual SF Outlook plugin .msi file, then the software center says it installed correctly, but nothing installed. I have no shortcuts, no files in the directories, nothing - though software center says all went well. Anyone have any clues?

4 answers to this question

Would anyone know why the Powershell script runs fine when I run it from my local desktop, but not when i run it through an application deployment? Is there something I'm missing?

I'm using this as the command line:

powershell.exe -Executionpolicy Unrestricted -file .\Install.ps1

Yeah thats the weird part, almost 95% of the script runs, but the install fails. I've tried making a package and forcing the .msi file to install using admin privilages, and it still fails. I'm starting to think its the .msi the company gave me. This has been a nightmare program to install because of all the dependencies.