cjdirri

adobe acrobat xi deployment

Hi,

I have deployed Adobe in my company, but without any customizations.

Downloaded the file, renamed it to AR11EN.exe and made a simple batch script with only one line:

AR11EN.exe /sAll

So to deploy the enterprise version you need to:

Create a separate package for acrobat using the cloud create packaging tool

Add that to the source folder

D/l customize wizard and make your changes to the msi in the Exceptions folder

Save those

In sccm create the first package, select the source folders option and point it to the exceptions folder, select create a program and have the command line point to msiexec.exe /i AcroPro.msi INSTALLDIR="[iNSTALLDIR]\Acrobat 11.0" EULA_ACCEPT=NO SUITEMODE=1 OWNERSHIP_STATE=1 IGNOREVC10RT=1 LANG_LIST=en_US INSTALLLEVEL=101 AS_DISABLE_LEGACY_COLOR=1 IGNOREAAM=1 TRANSFORMS=[installLanguage].mst /qn

Create A second package and point that source folder to the Build folder and with a command line going to msiexec /i "adobe acrobat pro.msi" /qn

Under your TS create 2 new "install package" sections and point the first to the exceptions folder and the 2nd one to the build folder

When it's all done you end up with 2 installs of adobe acrobat under control panel

Dumbest deployment I have ever seen, why photoshop and all the others can just be pushed out with the CC package you create but not acrobat is insane

I ran into the issue where the serial number was holding up the silent deployment because it was trying to activate during the install. I added a line in the deployment install code for a static serial number, like this:

msiexec /i acrostan.msi ISX_SERIALNUMBER="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" TRANSFORMS=2012OSD.mst /qb

This will install the software, but when it is first ran a pop up box will appear asking for a valid serial number. At this point I would email the user their proper Serial number.

I am currently looking into if Adobe has anything resembling a floating license, or an "active seat" license. Because this is ridiculous.

• Like 1