anyweb

forum upgrade complete

hi all,

back in June 1st, I notified you all that the site would be changing look soon, and today I undertook that job.

For those of you that are nostalgic here's a quick look at how it was

windows-noob OLD.png

so by now you've probably noticed that the forums look different, yup, they've been updated to the latest release of IPB software today, during the upgrade process I had some mysql issues and dropped the database, the side effect of that was that any posts in the last day or so and any new signups will have been removed,

for that I apologise and hope you understand that this is a one man show pretty much,

anyway, I've fixed the database issues (it was a mysql user GRANT issue, missing some permissions) and all seems good,

still to do

1. get the portal working again (or the Front Page to you and me)

2. get windows-noob.com LOGO, VOLUNTEERS anyone ???

3. verify posting works etc...

i hope you will all like the change and enjoy the benefits it provides

cheers

niall

New site looks better and cleaner :) not sure waht you mean about the logo, did you want someone to re-design it? I know some-one who has the skills... I could design a nice logo if you want in Photoshop :)

yeah feel free to create some mockups of the new logo, I already have a friend doing one up and he created the logos for the sister site http://linux-noob.com

this is the image template

and it must says windows-noob.com in big letters with the catch phrase showing you how to do IT plus some graphical element

so get cracking :)

Is it just me or is this identical to:

http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php

Are they another partner or just someone using the same theme?

it's the default IPB theme (invision power board) and that's what I use to host these forums,

if I had lots of money and talented designers I'd change it but seeing as I fund this site myself and am not a skin designer we'll have to do with the default

it's the default IPB theme (invision power board) and that's what I use to host these forums,

if I had lots of money and talented designers I'd change it but seeing as I fund this site myself and am not a skin designer we'll have to do with the default

Np, I just wondered, not used ipb that much so I did not realise.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.