MPH_AHCCS

Dell 3521 TS formating drive incorrectly?

I have multiple Dell 3521's that will not for the life of me get imaged correctly. I have in my TS to create a 100MB partition and then use the rest for the OS, I then have the TS to set the C: drive in place. As I watch the sequence I see the first partition get created and formatted then the C: get created & formatted then there is a D: partition that gets setup this is very strange because I only have the two partitions being done in the TS. I believe this is the bios doing it however I am not absolutely sure. I would like to find out if any one else has had this happen and did they find a way to resolve it. I am currently using the TS in multiple different laptop deployments without any issues Lenovo’s, HP’s, Gateway’s, and even other Dells it is just this Dell 3521 giving me a huge problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Morris

Well it is Monday morning and I am going to need the smsts.log for another issue on that laptop as soon as it fails again, however with a clear mind on Sunday I reviewed the properties of partition disk TS. Low and behold in the system reserve properties the check was missing for "Do not assign a drive letter to this partition" Thank you very much for your reponse I hope this may help someone else down the line, double and tripple check settings.