nhottinger

PC Inventory and Model Type

I'm asked each year to provide a list of pc's for upper management that need replaced. Each year I dread this and work through it with the information I have but it's never really that good. Is there an easy way with SCCM 2012 to run a report of pc's based on model, or better yet, warranty expiration? Usually model gets me close enough since I know they order they were purchased in. We have Dell desktops and laptops, and a few Panasonic and Fujitsu tablets. Any advise or help is appreciated.

Sorry running a bit late to the party but

Yes getting the Manufacturer and Model details is fairly simple, you can use this query as a starting point to get the details. http://smsug.ca/blogs/garth_jones/archive/2012/01/16/custom-windows-7-report-workstation-manufacturer-amp-model-type.aspx or use the query that you have found.

As for warranty details, yes you can capture this information too but you will require a 3rd party add-on like Warranty Information Reporting (WIR) and yes I work for Enhansoft too.

Thanks for the info GarthMJ. I'm not necessarily looking for a free solution, I'm looking for a solution that works. Have you ever used the Dell Client Integration Pack? Or know anything about it? I'll be looking into the WIR. What is the cost for a product like this?