trumby

Configuration question

I'm planning an upgrade to sccm 2012.

I have multiple sites through out the globe. Most do not have very fast connections.

Would I be able to use a cloud DP using Azure and point these clients to that DP? i thought I read somewhere that clients can not download windows updates from Azure,is that true? What functions be available from Azure?

Another option I was thinking of at some of these smaller sites was Branch cache. Would I have to designate one client as a branch cache or does every client become a branch cache?

It is virtually impossible for anyone to answer this question. We would need to know details about every WAN link and what exactly you are trying to deploy.

Why would you want Azure DP if all of these WAN connection are slow? Isn’t this EXACT why you want a DP on the other end if they are really slow? How would going to a Azure DP be better than going to your HQ DP?

Yes it is true that you can’t download SU from a Azure DP, They will download the SU from MS directly instead. Why would you want to PAY to have your clients download SU from your Azure DP?

Yes BranchCache might work for you , so will 3rd party options that will be better that BranchCache.

It is virtually impossible for anyone to answer this question. We would need to know details about every WAN link and what exactly you are trying to deploy.

Why would you want Azure DP if all of these WAN connection are slow? Isn’t this EXACT why you want a DP on the other end if they are really slow? How would going to a Azure DP be better than going to your HQ DP?

Yes it is true that you can’t download SU from a Azure DP, They will download the SU from MS directly instead. Why would you want to PAY to have your clients download SU from your Azure DP?

Yes BranchCache might work for you , so will 3rd party options that will be better that BranchCache.

I'm looking for options to get rid of some servers and was thinking of using branchcache and getting the WAN speeds increased.

What kind of third party options for branchcache are there?

I'm looking for options to get rid of some servers and was thinking of using branchcache and getting the WAN speeds increased.

What kind of third party options for branchcache are there?

Like I said, no one can answer this without first reviewing your network and know what exist at each site. They must understand exact which options within CM12 you are planning to use. If you haven't done this before I recommend hiring a consultant with experience in CM12. The bigger your network is the more important this task becomes.

As Peter says those are two players in the space.