nhottinger

Dell Client Integration Pack Version 3.1

I've been looking into finding a way to pull the warranty info of our pc's into SCCM. I found the Dell Client Integration Pack but don't know much about it. Does it work as it is advertised? Any gotcha's I need to know about before installing it on our SCCM server? Any tips? Does it actually pull the warranty of every Dell device and show in SCCM or some report? Sorry for so many questions, just don't know anything about it yet but it sounds like it could save me a bunch of time each year trying to provide replacement numbers to management.

I have the Dell and the HP integration software setup but I haven't tried the warranty modules.

There wasn't any issues except I had to completely uninstall post R2 upgrade before I could install the latest version.

Let us know how you fare with the Warranty info stuff...

Peter, the link you provided does not work but I was able to find what I needed. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it doesn't look like there is functionality to have the warranty info listed next to the pc in a device collection. Do you know if this is possible? If not, I can make it work, but I'd really like to see that so I can just sort by date and export the ones I need.

On 9/2/2014 at 9:11 PM, nhottinger said:

I've been looking into finding a way to pull the warranty info of our pc's into SCCM. I found the Dell Client Integration Pack but don't know much about it. Does it work as it is advertised? Any gotcha's I need to know about before installing it on our SCCM server? Any tips? Does it actually pull the warranty of every Dell device and show in SCCM or some report? Sorry for so many questions, just don't know anything about it yet but it sounds like it could save me a bunch of time each year trying to provide replacement numbers to management.

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but might be worth a look, a guide on Dell Warranty Reporting we did a while ago, provides details on how to create the report as well...hope it helps.

Report on Dell Warranty Statuses Using SCCM and Dell Integration

I have installed everything from all the guides, but I'm not sure it's working correctly. I now have the Dell Warranty option in the SCCM console, but when I click on it for a device, no information shows up. Any idea what I'm missing? I'm able to run a report from the Report manager and everything shows up there just fine, just not in the console.

post-22150-0-61088900-1414677859_thumb.png

post-22150-0-60343300-1414677867_thumb.png