digitalmilton

WDSUnattend.xml file is ignored

Question

Everyone...

Hope someone can shed light on this. I am running WDS on Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition SP2. In the past, I've created unattended installs for Windows 7 32 Bit, and after much painful trial and error, finally got it to work. I now have to create Windows 7 64 bit unattended installs, so after creating my custom wim file, I've copied the same parameters for the two unattended install files that work together. The image file that joins the pc to the domain, and names it according to my naming convention works fine. The problem is with the image file that wipes the disk and partitions it. For some reason, this answer file goes by completely ignored.

After PXE booting and selecting my image file, I have to log in as an admin, delete the partitions and create new ones, and format the disk. After doing this, the pc is then imaged and all other conditions are met.

While I'm using the same parameters as I've done for the 32 bit images, I can't understand where I'm going wrong.

Has anyone experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet