PaulDASYSADMIN

Dell OptiPlex 3020 UEFI

Hello all i am currently having an issue when i deploy a OSD task sequence to this device. If i leave secure boot and UEFI enabled and do a OSD task sequence it will run through the sequnence fine, but upon reboot it will say no boot device found. If i turn off UEFi and secure boot it will image correctly. Any help will do?

if this is anything like the optiplex 9010, then I had the same issue this evening, simply download the chipset drivers for your model from support.dell.com and add those drivers as an apply driver package step before the setup windows and configmgr step.

your logs are missing lots of info as they are overwriting themselves, please read this post to increase the smsts.log file size.

if this is anything like the optiplex 9010, then I had the same issue this evening, simply download the chipset drivers for your model from support.dell.com and add those drivers as an apply driver package step before the setup windows and configmgr step.

your logs are missing lots of info as they are overwriting themselves, please read this post to increase the smsts.log file size.

Thanks a lot i will let you know how it goes tommorrow.

I resolved the issue. If you look at my task sequence I had a step called apply data image right after Apply operating system. If you look at settings I had for Apply data image you will see Set location where you want to apply this image i had next availabe Formatted partiton and the checkbox for delete all content on the partition befory applying image. So i decided to to launch cmtrace during the Task Sequence procces and behold upon reaching apply data image step I seeen in the log that C:\ drive was formatted. So thats why i got the error upon reboot "no boot disk found" thanks alot for the rapid feedback.

post-19957-0-73372100-1410442927_thumb.png

post-19957-0-46250600-1410442929_thumb.png