anyweb

How can I deploy Windows 8.1 x64 to the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager ?

This issue occurs after installation is done, in normal use The deployment works like a charm with PXE or USB Boot.

I have been using a normal Surface Pro3 - not domjoined - it has never had this issue. However with my 3 test devices now, i get it on all three. I assume it is no SCCM issue but something else, but i dont know what, normal timeserver policy runnning for all our other Systems without issues just the surfaces with the random offset... :(

Also afaik there is no "BIOS-Time" anymore at least I don't know how I should access it the normal volume button down + power only gets me into the quite limited system menu.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

ok well the next time you have this issue do as follows, PXE boot or USB boot the device and press f8, type date and verify the date, do the same for time,

what date/time does it revert to on all 3 devices ? is it the same or is it way off,

ok well the next time you have this issue do as follows, PXE boot or USB boot the device and press f8, type date and verify the date, do the same for time,

what date/time does it revert to on all 3 devices ? is it the same or is it way off,

I will check this the next time.

The time is always randomly off, sometimes hours, sometimes days, sometimes months.

Only way to fix it is usually manually changing the time back to the original.

were all three bought at the same time ? have you contacted Microsoft about the issue ? it sounds to me like the battery is running out of power and that it's reverting the date/time to when the device was manufactured

were all three bought at the same time ? have you contacted Microsoft about the issue ? it sounds to me like the battery is running out of power and that it's reverting the date/time to when the device was manufactured

No, not yet, but might to do so if i cant find a way to see where it's coming from and wanted to see if i can solve it myself first. The low battery should not be the issue as the November FW update supposedly solves this issue:

"Surface Pro UEFI update (v3.11.350.0) enhances the system stability, optimizes the boot time with fast boot enabled, and resolves date and time accuracy when the battery level falls below 3%. Also addresses compatibility with McAfee Defense Encryption 7.1.1."

Also if it were to fallback to normal System creation time it should be always the same and not in furture or past (which is definitley not when it was manufactured).

Cheres,

Chris

well i think you should call microsoft and alert them to this, I haven't heard of others with the same exact issue, and can you confirm that you are only seeing the issue when there is NO battery power left.

okay, after days, i had it again this morning.

Yesterday I just pressed the "off button" and put it into the cupboard. Powered it on today at 9:50 and got Windows Time 7:34 Date 23.03.2015.

The time and date in Win PE showed the correct.

WP_20150304_005.jpg

very strange :/

can you explain what you mean here....

Powered it on today at 9:50 and got Windows Time 7:34 Date 23.03.2015

do you mean that was the time displayed in Windows ? are you set to sync with internet time or do you have ntp servers configured ?