anyweb

How can I deploy Windows 8.1 x64 to the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager ?

Have you ran into any issues running the task sequence between the different processor models on the surface pro 3?

I have a standard task sequence which installs Windows 8.1, Office 2013, adobe reader, 7zip. This works perfectly on the i3 model. However the i5 and i7 model run through the task sequence and successfully install office, but then essentially pause. The screen shows installing office 2013 (application 1 of 3). No error messages, nothing new added to any log files in C:\Windows\CCM\Logs. It doesn't even attempt to download adobe reader. The last entry in the appdiscovery log is that office 2013 has been successfully discovered.

how long have you waited after that ? did you verify if it fails over on that step or not

we've only been deploying i5 Surface Pro 3's and have not noticed that behaviour

are you installing these apps as dynamic apps (via variables) if so there's a bug in CM12 R2 SP1 that should be resolved (hopefully) in CU2

We have let it run for approx. 12 hours with no changes. I don't see anything that actually shows a failure or not in any of the logs.

The apps are being installed by a standard app install application method (not dynamic). I have tried updating firmware as well as updated drivers but it still has the same results.

Man, these Surface Pro 3's are kicking my butt. I am able to image a Dell 9010 with the windows 8.1 image that I built for the Surface pro 3, that dose not seem right. How are you able to get around using an external network adapter and its own MAC? I can get the surface to talk to the DP via "Bootable Media" it gets an ip, and then starts to load our x86 boot.wim. I have made sure over and over that the TS is set to only use the ADK 8.1 x64 boot.wim. Any ideas?

Can the Surface pro 3 use Legacy Boot options? or are we forced to use the UEFI?

the Surface Pro line of products are UEFI only