drees-clark

Driver installation difference in two SCCM 2012 environments

Hi guys,

I have an interesting problem and hope you can help.

There are three different SCCM environments. They are independent, but I try to keep them as similar as possible (same TS, same drivers, same all).

However, with the last Notebook model there is a funny problem. It's a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon. The installation works as long as you don't connect the OneLink Pro Dock. This needs to be installed manually (don't comment on this - we tested it thoroughly and this is how it works).

This obviously means that we had to exclude the Dock (and therefore USB 3.0 drivers) from the driver package. The installation works in the first location, but the seemingly same configuration doesn't work in the second location.

I have disabled the drivers, taken them out of the driver package, updated the DP.

But in that second location the USB drivers are installed during OSD, meaning that the Docking Station can't be installed manually, which results in not recognized USB Sticks, Network, etc.

I am at a total loss here. Been working on this for days, but can't think why it shouldn't work now. Can anyone of you point me in the right direction?

Where do I successfully and fully remove drivers from the OSD? Is there any circumstance in which the DP might show a recent status, but still have 'old' drivers?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

David

I was able to Image a thinkpad yoga which uses the OneLink Pro Dock. We are able to image through the dock. A 32bit boot image will not work on the dock.What i had to use was a 64bit boot image and make sure the drivers for the dock was in the boot image and also had to create a driver Pack for the yoga as well that included the dock drivers . Please let me know if you have quest