Kops

Exclude IE 11 Update

Today I was asked to prevent IE 11 from installing on our computers through SCCM updates. Currently, we are doing updates on a tiered schedule (small test group, then 1 week delay to IT, then 1 week delay to rest of org), however, we are pushing updates for all categories (see updates1.png)

At this point, IE 11 has been deployed to 136 of our 470 devices (see updates2.png). I would like to prevent any future deployments, but I can't seem to find a way to remove the IE 11 update.

Can anyone advise the best practice for this?

post-25027-0-87142300-1411008996_thumb.png

post-25027-0-71526700-1411008997_thumb.png

Because of IE pushes, it is IMO unwise to automatically deploy the Update Rollup classification.

However, there are extra steps I also take. I go into the WSUS console on the Software Update Point and decline the update. On the SCCM console under Software Updates, I created a folder to move all IE updates to. This helps prevent any kind of accidental deployment.