jimlad

Downgrade SCCM 2007 R3 to R2

Good afternoon folks!

We had SCCM 2007 R2 running for around a year and all was well, but then a colleague decided to put R3 on thinking it was more of a service pack rather than a feature pack. Anyway, R3 was not covered under our Microsoft license, so now we have to think of the best course of action to get back to R2. We currently have one single instance of SCCM 2007 but have 2 spare licenses to use and have roughly 1,400 Windows XP/7/8/8.1 clients out there with a working client.

I know that by rolling back we will lose R3 features, such as Dynamic Collections, Power Management etc but that doesnt bother me really. What i am concerned about is what happens to the clients out there, do they need uninstalling first and redeploying once back on R2 or can the client be left out there?

Has anyone done something similar before? I would appreciate your input

Thanks

Jim

P.S - Leaving it on R3 is out of the question before anyone suggests it :-)

You will need to restore (rebuild) your site to before R3 was installed and yes you will loose all those features.

BTW there was NO client for R3, the SP took care of adding all the R3 features so you will be fine. However you will need to at a minimum force all clients to re-send a full inventory.