hynesy

SQL Component Server Listed as Critical with No Log Entries

Hi All,

I am currently managing a production SCCM R2 CU2 server with an SQL 2012 site database server and reporting services point and I have the Site System status for the SQL component server role listed as critical under System Status\Site Status. I suspect its a bug but I just want to get some confirmation.

There are no errors or warnings going back weeks when view the "Messages" associated with it. I've also checked the sitestat and statesys logs and the ONLY errors I have are listed below:

sitestat.log

---->: Unable to get the file system information for: \\DP1\E$\; error = 67. Not adding this volume to site object list. SMS_SITE_SYSTEM_STATUS_SUMMARIZER 29/09/2014 9:00:00 AM 4664 (0x1238)
---->: Unable to get the file system information for: \\DP2\E$\; error = 67. Not adding this volume to site object list. SMS_SITE_SYSTEM_STATUS_SUMMARIZER 29/09/2014 9:00:01 AM 4664 (0x1238)
---->: Unable to get the file system information for: \\DP3\D$\; error = 67. Not adding this volume to site object list. SMS_SITE_SYSTEM_STATUS_SUMMARIZER 29/09/2014 9:00:02 AM 4664 (0x1238)
---->: Unable to get the file system information for: \\DP4\A$\; error = 67. Not adding this volume to site object list. SMS_SITE_SYSTEM_STATUS_SUMMARIZER 29/09/2014 9:00:02 AM 4664 (0x1238)
---->: Unable to get the file system information for: \\DP4\D$\; error = 67. Not adding this volume to site object list. SMS_SITE_SYSTEM_STATUS_SUMMARIZER 29/09/2014 9:00:02 AM 4664 (0x1238)

These are just SCCM looking for drives on the DP and not finding it.

sitesys.log

Started task 'Update NAP Restriction Error Summary' SMS_STATE_SYSTEM 29/09/2014 8:06:20 AM 8336 (0x2090)

Task 'Update NAP Restriction Error Summary' completed successfully after running for 15 seconds, with status 0. SMS_STATE_SYSTEM 29/09/2014 8:06:35 AM 8336 (0x2090)
We don't use NAP.

Can anyone shed some light on this, its not effecting performance or usability but it would be nice not having the component always listed as critical so when something does go wrong it's immediately obvious.

Cheers,

Hynesy

I am seeing the same issue in my enviroment!!

At least I'm not the only one!!!

It's been like this for close to 12 months so its very annoying but I have seen a post on answers.microsoft.com saying it was a known bug to be fixed in R2 SP1 but haven't seen anything else since. I guess I was hoping that some folks on here may have found a solution. :D

Cheers,

Hynes

At least I'm not the only one!!!

It's been like this for close to 12 months so its very annoying but I have seen a post on answers.microsoft.com saying it was a known bug to be fixed in R2 SP1 but haven't seen anything else since. I guess I was hoping that some folks on here may have found a solution. :D

Cheers,

Hynes

Hey commissar117,

I solved this issue on my infrastructure, all that was required was to uninstall the reporting services point and reinstall and BAM, all green ticks.

I'd seen this mentioned on various forums and posts below but I was hesitate to make the change but ultimately it was a painless and effective way of fixing the issue.

Cheers,

Hynesy