anyweb

Possible downtime over the next few days

hi all,

as the final part of the server update, I will be reinstalling the server hosting the forums over the next few days, I've prepared a mirror server and I'll make a DNS switch sometime during this time period....

If all goes well you won't notice a thing, but just in case something goes wrong I want you to understand why (i've mirrored the site, will point DNS to the mirror, then reinstall the old server, then restore the forums on the server, then point dns back to the original server)

my aim is to keep this as invisible and seemless as possible but who knows what may happen

cheers

ok i have now completed the first phase of the server reinstallation

the mirror is created *this is it*, and dns is now pointing to the backup server, I will update this post later today

cheers

niall

fyi, had some minor issues with php this afternoon (memory_limit) which are hopefully now resolved, and my server hoster has informed me that while they were reinstalling my server in amsterdam there was a hardware failure... so let's hope they provide me with a new one soon, i'll update here when i know more

cheers

niall

ok just to let you know that the server relocation and reinstallation is now complete

the server was moved from amsterdam to sweden on friday, then reinstalled on saturday, and reconfigured today, Sunday and you are now viewing the site back in it's original server.

0 downtime and all data retained !

cheers

niall

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.