anyweb

How can I deploy Windows 10 Enterprise using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager ?

Mine seems to fail installing the configmgr client?

<![LOG[installing file 'C:\Windows\ccmsetup\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe' with options '/quiet /norestart'.]LOG]!><time="22:28:46.399-60" date="08-01-2015" component="ccmsetup" context="" type="1" thread="2868" file="manifest.cpp:2189">
<![LOG[File 'C:\Windows\ccmsetup\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe' returned failure exit code 775. Fail the installation.]LOG]!><time="22:28:48.728-60" date="08-01-2015" component="ccmsetup" context="" type="3" thread="2868" file="manifest.cpp:2239">
<![LOG[installFromManifest failed 0x80070307]LOG]!><time="22:28:48.728-60" date="08-01-2015" component="ccmsetup" context="" type="3" thread="2868" file="ccmsetup.cpp:7202">
<![LOG[A Fallback Status Point has not been specified. Message with STATEID='311' will not be sent.]LOG]!><time="22:28:48.728-60" date="08-01-2015" component="ccmsetup" context="" type="1" thread="2868" file="ccmsetup.cpp:9767">

Hi Niall, in your instructions here you state

Edit the Apply Windows Settings step, for Product key, use the key contained in the media's sources folder, in a file called PID.TXT file, otherwise the Setup Windows and Configmgr step will fail (error 31) later on in the process.

Does this still apply to the official windows 10 enterprise release? I searched the entire cd and did not find a PID.txt.

I did get a new key to use from MS Partner and I put that into the "apply windows settings" but i'm still getting the error 31 during Setup Windows and Configmgr.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

no this does not, these instructions were only for the preview release that was released back in October 2014,

to deploy Windows 10 today you don't need the PID for the enterprise version, it will activate using KMS, unless of course you want to use the MAK key.

Thanks Niall for always keeping us up to date. I usually come here first for all my SCCM issues.

Do you know if we will still need Johans workaround as well, ( http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/443/Beyond-unsupported-Deploying-Windows-10-preview-including-drivers-with-ConfigMgr-2012-R2 )

in order to get drivers to deploy during OSD? Or will the CU1 patch take care of this as well?

Best Regards,

Joe