rb0977

0x80004005 Error in OSD

Hi, After following the steps to building and capturing a system using Windows 7 x86, once I entered the media password after the PXE boot, it gives me a 0x80004005 error while trying to get a client policy? I'm using the Windows 7 x86 boot image since for some reason the Windows PE images mess up at times. I'm also using VirtualBox since my server CPU does not have hardware-assisted virtualization capability.

Usually, the smsts.log file will give you more information as to the cause of the problem. I'm assuming that you've enabled command-line support in your boot image? This allows you to hit the F8 key and get a command prompt. From the command prompt you should be able to access the smsts.log file from the X:\ drive somewhere (SMSTemp, i think!). That log file will give more information as to the problem i believe.

I'm not using the default boot images that was created by SCCM, such as the Boot Image (x86) and (x64). I'm using one I imported on the "Add Boot Image" option, once I imported it, there is no customization tab on the image. Windows PE Images don't boot for me. Maybe we can fix this first? It gives me a "Your PC needs to restart" error after the windows logo appears in Windows PE.