SanjuNana

Remote Distribution point (Windows 8.1) not working on site

This is my first Windows 8.1 distribution point build (our other remote servers are Windows Server 2012 secondary site/management points).

It was built successfully in my lab, Distribution Point Configuration Status in Monitoring was all green and all content sucessfully finished distributing before we shipped the machine to its remote site.

Once on site, it has never worked. I'm seeing either failed to connect to the distribution point or access permission issues in the Distribution Pojnt Configuration Status details (but the CAS And Primary computer accounts are in the local Administrators group on thie DP). I can connect to \\computer\admin$\

In Administration > Distribution Points, however, when I select this DP and click on the 'Drives' tab -- there are no drives listed (although when I remote into the machine, I can see that the drive is present and the content is there (save for the newest content, which can't be distributed).

post-17907-0-15194700-1412619993_thumb.png

Thanks for the suggestion. I verified that the time was the same on box the Primary site and remote distribution point. Tried removing the distribution point role and re-adding it while it was on location, but same result. Can't connect; access denied.

The access denied message continues to confound me, since it would have had to have had access in order to install it in the first place, and nothing changed between the time that it was built in lab and when it was brought up at the remote site (other than the IP address of the remote box, of course).