MADsam

SCCM 2012 - Command/Batch file failing to run when in a Task Sequence

Hi there, i'm in desperate need of help regarding a command line issue I am having.

I am trying to run a command line that calls on an .exe in program files and also uses an .xml file to configure an installation of BizTalk 2013R2.

Method 1 - Task Sequence command line

SCCM Task Sequence Command Line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\configuration.exe" /s "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\BizTalkDomainExport.xml"

Method 2 - Task Sequence batch file

SCCM Task Sequence Command Line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\ConfigureBIzTalkCMD.bat"

Content of batch file

runas /profile /user:domain\administrator /password:##### cmd
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\"
Configuration.exe /s BizTalkExportConfiguration.xml

Both above command lines work fine when manually run on the server and completes a silent configuration of BizTalk 2013R2 - but once it is run through a task sequence it fails. NOTE: The BizTalk installation creates an SQL DB. I have set the account that runs the SCCM task sequence as a sysadmin in SQL.

ERRORS (Both logs attached; cmdSCCM.log and batchSCCM.log)

Both command line and batch file start with the same errors (below) but have different errors later in the log files.

Error getting system isolation info. Code 8027000C

Remediation failed. Code 8027000C

Remediation failed with error code 8027000C

I have attempted to run the above commands and configuraton files through an SCCM package/application with the same results.

It can't be this hard to run a command line through SCCM can it? I have run other command lines before with no issue. I am lost, can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

batchSCCM.log

cmdSCCM.log

Looking at the cmdsccm.log:

I see an extra quotation mark after your '/s' argument

Executing command line: smsswd.exe /run: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\configuration.exe" /s ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\BizTalkDomainExport.xml" /L d:\BizTalkInstall.log

Hi,

I would assume it could be the path, the task sequence enginge runs in 32 bit on the client so the path C:\Program Files (x86)\ will not exist or be just C:\Program Files instead. Try check the option " Disable 64-bit file system redirection" and try again, then it will be executed in 64 bit environment or change the path.

Regards,
Jörgen

Thanks for the quick replies!

BB24 - Thanks for that pick up unfortunately that was a typo on my part, I've fixed it, tested again and am having the same result. (My other test scripts did not have the extra ")

Jorgen - Gave this a go but no luck. Same errors. Thanks anyway.