Muhammad

SCCM 2012 R2

I am using SCCM 2012 R2.

I have windows 7 Enterprise x64 image which i am using for PXE boot

When i am installing windows 7 Enterprise x64 through PXE boot.

After installing windows i have to install 88 windows updates which is taking lots of time

Can someone help me please how i can update Windows 7 existing image in SCCM 2012 R2 to date, With all the available Microsoft updates

Many Thanks in Advance

1) You need to have the Software Update role installed on one of your site servers. I will usually put this on the Management Point.

2) You need to perform an Update Synchronization on your site. This is done by going to Software Library -> Software Updates -> All Software Updates then click on "Synchronize Software Updates" at the top of the screen. This can also be done automatically on a schedule through the site settings. If this is a new server setup, you need to do a manual sync just to get it started.

3) You need to download the updates as a package to your site server. This is done by selecting the updates, right-clicking on the updates, and then clicking on "download." The prompts will have you create an update package that you'll need to throw onto your distribution point.

4) You need to schedule an update to the Windows 7 image. This is done by going to Software Library -> Operating Systems -> Operating System Images and then click on the image and then clicking on "Schedule Updates."

5) Alternately, you can also push the updates out to existing clients by creating an update group and an automatic deployment rule.

Thanks for step by step process - its great

I am doing the same as its saying the steps you send me - I have downloaded all the updates and created a updates package

When I am clicking on Schedule Updates its coming up - There are no items to show in this view.

I am attaching screen shot for it.

post-25378-0-57765200-1412935700_thumb.png