BzowK

SCCM Client Installation - Options for "Retry" Setting

Hey Guys / Niall -

I've got a fairly straightforward question for you. When the SCCM (2012 R2) Client is installed / deployed to a system, successfully downloads locally, but fails, it retries installation by default every 30 minutes. When creating an Orchestrator runbook for Client Health, I'm needing ccmsetup to try only once.

So basically, I'm trying to find out how to make ccmsetup.exe not retry installation and simply fail. There is a "Retry" command line switch for ccmsetup (/retry:<Minutes>) where minutes may be specified, however, this does not pertain to the actual installation, but the initial download of the setup files. It does not have an affect on the client installation, itself.

Yes, a simple script could be created which could kill the process after X, but prefer a native (or at least better) solution.

Any ideas? Thanks!