sccmrookie

sccm 2012 r2 offline deployment win7 - usb stick/mdt 2013

Hi

I have found someone else who had the same issue but i have applied their fix - OSDisk instead of System variable under the formatting task sequence and it still doesn't work.They have also had the same error code as me.

The /target parameter specifies an invalid target location.
Failed to run the action: Apply Operating System Image.
The parameter is incorrect. (Error: 80070057; Source: Windows)

http://www.deploymentresearch.com/Research/tabid/62/EntryId/53/Troubleshooting-tips-Refreshing-clients-with-SCCM-2012-and-MDT-2012-RC1.aspx

Still not fixed this, I can also confirm that UEFI is not the problem in the bios /smart boot, and the hard drive has also been freshly formatted.

I've tried this on both hp pro desk 400g1 and hp pro desk 600 g1.

??

further searching around brings me this

Maybe the partitioning is set wrong??, although it worked for the laptops

https://4sysops.com/archives/sccm-windows-deployment-troubleshooting-part-2-disk-related-issues/

according to this guy, the parameter is incorrect. Error 0×80070057

CAUSE: no C: volume exists

FIX: Open a shell and use diskpart to create a C drive

I wouldn't create the C drive using diskpart. I would however use diskpart to simply clean the drive.

DISKPART

select disk 0

clean

exit.

Hi Fred . what do you think of the error code? Am I in the right ballpark ? Still don t understand as it partition s and format s desktops fine. Also if I have manually Deleted the partitions prior to imaging via USB stick don t understand why cleaning the partitions would help ??

Hi Fred . what do you think of the error code? Am I in the right ballpark ? Still don t understand as it partition s and format s desktops fine. Also if I have manually Deleted the partitions prior to imaging via USB stick don t understand why cleaning the partitions would help ??

When the laptop finishes OSD what does the drive partition look like?

Does the TS format the desktop drive before it fails?

Open a cmd prompt and get into DISKPART.

List the disks ("list disk") then list the volumes ("list vol"). How many disks and or volumes can you see?

Hi fred/everyone

sorry not posted sooner now fixed !!!

I got this solved ! and working :)

2 things needed to be adjusted.

1.) diskpart and clean disk into the task sequence

then another error message was thrown up and stopped the task sequence which I will post up asap. (different error code)

problem 2 stopping it working

machine was booting usb stick from uefi - not legacy... but booted into the task sequence and the failed..

Changed it to legacy mode in boot mode pre task sequence and it is now working !

I will find the full task sequence and let everyone know as this really has been a mission.

Thanks everyone and sorry for not updating sooner.