hadi

user interaction during os deployment in sccm2012r2

Question

hi

I'm using sccm2012r2 in order to OS deployment in my network.

but I don't know how to config task sequence in order to ask user about installation drive and computer name and ...

because the first time I run that task sequence ,it partitioned all disk to one drive called D .

what happen for other drive in the disk after installation .do they remain after installation with this method?

is there any solution to interact with user in osd ?

2 answers to this question

It all depends on the partition and format step(s) in your task sequence what will happen.

There are many way's to interact with users, like the MDT UDI, or something like this: http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7294-the-cm12-bitlocker-frontend-hta/

I made a deployment wizard using UDI .and in there I specified that user select which drive to install the OS .there was a check box in the bottom of that step of wizard "clean the selected volume".that's OK.But during deployment it changed to "format and partition disk 0".I couldn't understand how it's possible.by this condition user could install os just in drive that before was windows drive

all I want to do is deploying OS through SCCM2012r2 and Let user to select where to install OS .or format and partition the disk if they want .just like simple WDS.

is it possible?

I checked disk partition variables but undertood nothing.