mikedisd

Another lost PXE boot after SCCM 2012 R2 upgrade

I just upgraded our SCCM 2012 SP1 to R2. All went smoothly except for the boot images which was to be expected. I've gone through dozens of forums and have run out of ideas to get PXE boot working again. Right now I get PXE-E51: No DHCP or proxyDHCP offers were received. This occurs from all distribution points.

I've done the following:

Deleted boot images and recreated using CopyPE.exe several times

Removed "PXE support for clients" from a DP. After WDS uninstalls, I delete the RemoteInstalls folder. Reboot and add back PXE support for clients.

Did the above but then removed the DP role. Reboot and reapply.

Firewalls are fine and an IP is being offered from DHCP. Application deployment works fine but I can't get a PXE boot happening at all. I have a x64 and x86 boot image, both have the Deploy this boot image from the PXE-enabled DP" option ticked. Both are deployed to the DP's and the x64 boot image is used in a few task sequences that are deployed to the Unknown Computers and various site collections. Pretty sure I haven't missed any steps.

One clue I have is in the SMSPXE.log which hasn't updated for the past 2 days and has a final entry of :

================= PXE Provider shutdown. =====================

Any ideas muchly appreciated.

Single primary site, no CAS/ secondarys

4 DP's, all configured to support PXE clients.

Did you download all sccm hotfikse and install .

This error basically says that the machine can't obtain an IP address. Possible reasons for this include

1. Your DHCP server isn't working
  2. If you use DHCP reservations you may have made a mistake entering the MAC address of this machine
  3. You don't have a DHCP pool set up for this subnet, or the pool has no free addresses
  4. Your DHCP server is on a different subnet and you haven't set up an IP forwader or DHCP Relay agent
  5. The network cable or port is broken

kind regards

sg

www.learnmesccm.com

Hi

i installed sccm 2012 r2 and my pxe wasn't working i installed a service pack, which has since been updated and this fixed my pxe issue. I am a sccm rookie, but it maybe of relevance.

I will find the patch/kb asap and post link.

This has also been listed on here too.

Thanks for this. I forget to mention that I have installed CU3 which I assume contains this update. Something possibly just needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled but I don't know what as I've tried several componet reinstalls already. The whole system screams of flakiness.

hi found what fixed my pxe issues

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9368-wds-service-crashing-not-starting-sccm-2012-r2/

I applied hotfix kb2910552 .

This may/may not help but i thought worth mentioning.

PXE = wds issues to my limited knowledge.

I would uninstall and reinstall wds service and see what happens.

Also check all services are running that are relevant - dhcp.

next question.

Have you got a machine added to the domain that can ping the sccm config manager server and can you ping from the sccm config manager back to the same machine?

Not an expert but these are the things I would do /check 1st in my very limited knowledge of sccm.