boyjaew2

Migrate local SCCM SQL DB to Remote SQL server

I found this set of instructions for moving the sccm database off the primary site server to an actual (remote) SQL server in our environment and am just wondering if the instructions seem accurate to you guys before I actually attempt it.

http://sccm2o12.blogspot.com/2011/05/move-sccm-database-to-remote-sql-server.html

I will be working with our DBA to accomplish this, but thought it wise to double check with the experts in the forum first.

Thanks!

Crap! I did not know that. I've migrated from the business intelligence version of SQL to std., for the reason stated keeping it local. I don't suppose there's a way to use the included license ex post facto? Would I be able to find that through the MS licensing site for our EA stuff? I don't usually get involved with licensing at that level and it's been a while since the initial deployment. Now I just feel like a dolt...(BAD admin).