Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
wanderer

instance of PDPHashMismatchEvent when using branch distribution point

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

We're running SCCM 2007 R3 build 4.00.6487.2000 on Server 2008 sp2 (32) bit. Recently we've acquired a new site and need to deploy a branch distribution point on Server 2008 R2. I've read the docs and followed your guide thanks. If I create a new package and deploy it to both DPs then it works fine. However, if I then modify the package and do an "Update Package" it will update on the main DP but not on the branch one. It fails with the following error in the peerdpagent log on the branch DP.

 

"[Raising event: [sMS_CodePage(850),MS_LocaleID(2057)] instance of PDPHashMismatchEvent"

 

If I look at the package status in the Console then it stays at "Install Pending" indefinitely.

 

I've tried creating other branch DPs as a test (on Win 7 workstations) and they all fail in the same way. I have the same issue if I try and copy an existing package using "Manage Distribution Points". I suppose that I can just manually copy the files to the branch DP every time I need to update a package but I was wondering if anyone had run into this before?

 

Many Thanks,

 

Stephen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I've now resolved the problem. The first issue was that while I'd read the docs for creating a BDP I'd ignored that the new server is also a site server and for that, the feature Remote File Compression was needed. Adding this helped but I was still getting errors except with new packages. This was due to the fact that we've only ever had a single site server which is also the DP so when I was updating a package I was choosing "Refresh Distribution Point" - everything was working OK. While this updated the files it was not incrementing the version or (I believe) the hash so even though all the files were downloading OK it was comparing this hash of the downloaded package to an old version of the hash on the main DP. For each package I need at the BDP I now add the new BDP and then choose "Update Distribution Points". The hashes now match and everything is working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...