smmb

SCCM 2012 Can't Boot from PXE 0xC0000001

Hi All,

I followed the tutorials step by step, for sccm install and Seven osd, capture have been successful.

I create a new task sequence for deploy seven, it begins installatio, and at firt restart

Then it proceeds to loading the \SMSboot\boot.sdi. Some times it fails right here other times it proceeds to \SMSImages\SBG00043\winpe.SBG00043.wim. Either way it gets a bit into the progress bar but always fails

SMSPXE.log

post-26468-0-43906200-1415439491_thumb.jpg

post-26468-0-12695000-1415439501_thumb.jpg

you need to grab the smsts.log from the failed pxe boot before the C0000001 message above appears (and after pressing f12),

so have you tried that ?

you need to grab the smsts.log from the failed pxe boot before the C0000001 message above appears (and after pressing f12),

so have you tried that ?

Kindly show me how to grab the file smsts.log before the message coming only have sort time after pressing f12 ?

enable command support in your boot wim, then redistribute your boot images to the dp, once done, pxe boot again, and immediatly after pressing F12, once WinPE loads, press F8, then grab the logs from x:\windows\temp\smstslog\smsts.log

enable command support in your boot wim, then redistribute your boot images to the dp, once done, pxe boot again, and immediatly after pressing F12, once WinPE loads, press F8, then grab the logs from x:\windows\temp\smstslog\smsts.log

I tried these instructions and after repeatedly pressing F8, the command prompt does not show. I know this is enabled because it works on other models just not this one. I have loaded the drivers several times and still no go. I did notice that upon PXE boot the version shows 2.1.1.1 and my driver version is 2.1.1.27. Is this an issue or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!!

Ok, I think I fixed my issue.

I was reading another thread and it was talking about the registry string RamDiskTFTPBlockSize. I had to lower my setting to 2048 instead of 8192 (I tried 4096 but it still did not work). I am wondering if the NIC cannot handle that block size.

Does this make since to any one?

Ok, I think I fixed my issue.

I was reading another thread and it was talking about the registry string RamDiskTFTPBlockSize. I had to lower my setting to 2048 instead of 8192 (I tried 4096 but it still did not work). I am wondering if the NIC cannot handle that block size.

Does this make since to any one?

Makes sense. Not everything can handle a bigger block size, that's why you should always test this very well when used in a production environment.

For an example of a situation that doesn't work, see: http://www.bctechnet.com/vmware-pxe-limitations/