hadi

system center data protection manager defining several protection group for several folders

Question

Hi

in system center data protection manager I was looking for a way to define several protection group (job) for several folders in a drive D for example .

let's say that I have a drive in my data source that included several folder.I want to create different schedule and backup settings for each one of them .Is this Possible ?

thanks

3 answers to this question

I'm not sure about that, but notice that the referenced article states: "Then create a protection group that contains locations and folders you want to protect. In the Select Group Members page of the Create New Protection Group wizard you can select all kinds of folders such as “My Documents” or “Desktop” to include them for protection"

So it specifically gives an example for Folders. Therefore, you should be able to create a protection group for different folders if you want them backed up at different intervals, etc.

Also take a look at this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/hh758007.aspx

It says:

You can define your protection groups in a number of ways.

By workload—So that you separate files and each application data type into different protection groups. This allows you to manage workloads as a group. However recovering a multi-application server might require multiple tapes from different protection groups.