Josh

New Clients install, but not receiving policy

We have had our SCCM 2012 environment up and running for well over a year with little to no issues. We have always installed the clients manually when the computers were provisioned. Recently, we are finding that the agent installs, in the console it shows up as Client=Yes, Site Code=Correct Code, Client Activity=Active, and Approved=Approved. However, the clients are not receiving advertised applications and if you check the Configuration Manager section in the Control Panel, there are only 2 actions available and some tabs seem to be missing. I have been looking at every forum post on the internet for the past 3 days trying to figure this one out and i'm hoping someone here will have ran into this before or have some thoughts on it. Thanks for any help!

I've looked extensively through those logs and I can't determine what the issue is. There are some errors, but everything I've searched for about them isn't coming up with solid leads. Is there something specifically I should be looking for?

I've attached the logs from one of the problem clients. ClientIDManagerStartup.log has a couple certificate related errors, but those errors exist on all of my healthy clients as well. In the LocationServices.log I see errors about not being able to find the MP but then I also see it apparently assigning to an MP. It seems to go back and forth. ClientLocation.log has no errors that I can see. It appears to be assigning to the site and MP correctly.

LocationServices.log

ClientIDManagerStartup.log

ClientLocation.log

I too am having this issue, however i see "error 87d00231" in the logs. I am not using HTTPS in my environment. The other strange thing I'm noticing is if I let the workstation sit overnight, in the morning everything is as it should be and the logs show success connecting to the MP.

I have one SCCM 2012 R2 primary site running on Server 2012 R2, and several MP's and DP's running on Server 2008 R2 in my environment. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. Do you have multiple site servers with these roles installed?

My primary site is 2008 R2 with secondary sites being on 2008 SP2. No matter how long my clients sit, they never get the additional actions in the actions tab. This only recently started occurring and it appears that the machines that were previously connected to SCCM are functioning fine, this is just for new client installs. It also doesn't seem to matter whether it is push install or manual.

hi

1.Check the Firewall Enabled or Disabled if enabled,allow the port to talk to site server.

2.Check Boundaries (could be (AD site or IP Range or IP Subnet) of the Agent are specified in the site server

3.Schema extension and ensure attributes published into AD system management container (you can see component status if there are any errors while updating the system Management container with attributes)

4.Check the if there no DNS issue in the client and that client is able to resolve the SCCM server NetBIOS as well as FQDN without any issues.

5. Check if the Client is able to talk to Management Point or not using the following Links.

http://<SCCMSER/SMS_MP/.sms_aut?mplist —-should give you blank page

http://<SCCMSER/SMS_MP/.sms_aut?mpcert——should give you some random numbers

6.Check if WMI is working or not if not try repairing the WMI by stopping WMI service and renaming repository folder (C:\Windows\System32\wbem) and start the service.

If the above test fails make sure that MP is working fine. You can check mpcontrol.log on the site server to find the error and make sure that the same works.

take look to

CCMSETUP.LOG is any error

kind regard

Safet Grahic

http://www.learnmesccm.com/

https://www.linkedin...ahic/a0/842/b21

I've went through all of the steps here an still hitting the same issues. This environment has been up and running for well over a year, but just recently ANY new client installs are experiencing this same issue, while any clients that were connected previously seem to be working fine. The only thing I can think of that has changed any time recently is that we had a domain controller removed from the environment withing the last 2 months as well as upgraded SCCM 2012 to SP1 to all SCEP to be installed on windows 8.1 computers. mpcontrol.log doesn't appear to have any errors in it and ccmsetup.log, the only warning i see is about not finding a DP.