maktoum

Uninstall Software

Question

Dear All

we have many PC's in our enviroument with old software so I want Uninstall that is software throught SCCM 2007 by pushing scripts or command prompt then Installing the new version.

installing new version is easy but I faced problem to uninstall the old version I don't know how ???

so please Is there anyboday here can help me to create the script, command prompt or giving me idea to remove program from PC's.

thanks

5 answers to this question

Hello!

If your software have add/remove programs entries, go to the registry : HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and check all entries for the name of the installed appication you want to uninstall.

You should find the UninstallString with the needed command to uninstall the software (example : msiexec /I[someGUIDs]

Just use that command with an X instead of the I : msiexec /X[someGUIDs] REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qb-!

This way, it will remove the application without rebooting the pc and without giving the user a way to interrupt the process.

Hope it helps !

Jean

Thanks very much friend it working well :lol:

I want know also If I push it as patch file its can remove the software or its better to push it as msi package,

also can I know how can remove software then restart the machines.

thnaks :)

Hi

I am trying to remove all SCOM 2007R2 Agents from servers.

Tried the script on one server.

Created a batch file and run it.

this is the script:

MsiExec.exe /X{25097770-2B1F-49F6-AB9D-1C708B96262A} REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qb-!

but not luck.

I found this error from events log:

Product: System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Agent -- Error 25451.Setup found that the Management Group registry configuration is corrupted. Error Code: -2147024894 (The system cannot find the file specified.).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any idea?

Thanks

Dritani

Hi

I am trying to remove all SCOM 2007R2 Agents from servers.

Tried the script on one server.

Created a batch file and run it.

this is the script:

MsiExec.exe /X{25097770-2B1F-49F6-AB9D-1C708B96262A} REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qb-!

but not luck.

I found this error from events log:

Product: System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Agent -- Error 25451.Setup found that the Management Group registry configuration is corrupted. Error Code: -2147024894 (The system cannot find the file specified.).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....ink/events.asp.

Any idea?

Thanks

Dritani

MsiExec.exe /X{25097770-2B1F-49F6-AB9D-1C708B96262A} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qn

i just did this on my lab (but with the R2 agent) and it seemed to work ok... curious error....

MsiExec.exe /X{25097770-2B1F-49F6-AB9D-1C708B96262A} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qn <-- my R2Agent uninstall