dyos

Have package ID, how do I tell which package?

Question

Alright so I have a client that is failing after it gets into the PE environment. I did the F8 then I mapped a network share and copied the x:\temp\windows\ ... smsts.log file.

When I open it I get the following errors:

Content location request for SIT00020:4 failed. (Code 0x80040102) TSPxe 8/19/2009 5:47:02 PM 1276 (0x04FC)

Failed to resolve selected task sequence dependencies. Code(0x80040102) TSPxe 8/19/2009 5:47:02 PM 1276 (0x04FC)

My question isn't how to fix this but the package ID is SIT00020:4. How do identify this package? I've searched in SCCM and I can't find it anywhere.

Hello!

You should know which package are part of your task sequence.

Once you know that, you can check them one by one until you find the one that match the ID (in the properties of the package).

Be sure that you have configured and updated a distribution point for each package.

Hope it helps !

Jean

the System Status node is just below the Computer Management node in ConfigMgr

do you see it ?

Thanks, I'm not able to get into the server at this point but I will check when I get connected. Thanks again, I really appreciate the quick feedback.

in addition to the above you can look at System Status, package status and it will reveal.... the package and its ID

Bingo, I'd been looking for this forever! an easy way to go from Package ID to Name. Thanks as always!

in addition to the above you can look at System Status, package status and it will reveal.... the package and its ID

Having a Bad SCCM day

Challenged to find the same in SCCM2012 R2....................anyone?