hlee

Inventoried Software empty (need assistance)

I need some assistance on troubleshooting why my Inventoried Software are empty. I have done the following more than 7 days ago, and I'm still not seeing anything under my Inventoried Software, nor under my Asset Resource Explorer (Both Hardware and Software are empty).

My setup: SCCM 2012 R2 installed on a Server 2012 R2 Standard OS, VM Environment, and SQL is installed on a separate server running SQL 2008 R2.

1. Enable Software Inventory in Client Settings, added Inventory these file types "*.exe, *.dll, *.pst" , schedule software inventory and file collection every 7 days.

2. Enable Hardware Inventory in Client Settings, change/enable Set Classes for "Installed Applications (64), Installed Applications (Win32Reg), Installed Executable, and Installed Software. Schedule hardware inventory schedule every 7 days.

3. Installed Asset Intelligence Synchronization point, and then enable ALL the Asset Intelligence reporting classes. Synchronization is on a schedule every 7 days.

4. Checking the InventoryAgent.log on client' computer, and the only thing related to "SMS_InstalledSoftware" is this line:

Collection: Namespace = \\.\root\cimv2\sms; Query = SELECT __CLASS, __PATH, __RELPATH, ARPDisplayName, ChannelCode, ChannelID, CM_DSLID, EvidenceSource, InstallDate, InstallDirectoryValidation, InstalledLocation, InstallSource, InstallType, Language, LocalPackage, MPC, OsComponent, PackageCode, ProductID, ProductName, ProductVersion, Publisher, RegisteredUser, ServicePack, SoftwareCode, SoftwarePropertiesHash, SoftwarePropertiesHashEx, UninstallString, UpgradeCode, VersionMajor, VersionMinor FROM SMS_InstalledSoftware; Timeout = 600 secs.

The Timeout = 600 secs is not normal right?

I have attached my InventoryAgent.log for reference.

Is there anything I can try to make it work? Thanks in advance!

InventoryAgent.log

Update: I noticed I was getting lots of BITS errors in IIS Log, so following this suggestion:

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4620-management-point-not-receiving-hardware-inventory-bits-error-501-iis-error/

and reinstalled my Management Point. After it was reinstalled, I can run the report now and view data from report. The Resource Explorer are also working, and I can see hardware/software information.

But my Asset Intelligence > Inventoried Software are still empty. Not sure what else to check now..

I disable the inventory throttle. I have a business need for a pretty extensive software inventory, and it still runs in < 5 minutes. Its worth noting that the performance impact on the machine during the inventory is not noticable. Here is a link for more information: http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/2013/11/06/local-policy-override-to-disable-inventory-throttling/

James