Alright guys I need some insight. I have been asked to come up with a way to clean a drive (using diskpart) during PE before the OSD password is entered. Now the catch is there has to be a way to opt out. Basically the powers that be want a pop-up that says "Do you want to clean the drive" with yes and no buttons. Now I know I can create a custom media hook and edit the boot.wim to run a script that will clean the drive but like I said, it needs it to prompt the end user. I'm really hoping someone out there has something similar or can point me in the right direction.

Environment:

SCCM 2012 SP1 integrated with MDT 2012 Update 1

PXE is enabled but most of the techs are attached to using USB media.

I will take a stab at this. Attached is a PoSH form that will inform the user about the drive cleaning. They then have the option to Begin (and wipe) or cancel. This should at a minimum give you a template if it doesn't work straight away. Run in your preinstallation hook. Modification should be pretty obvious although I like my dialog. :)

.bill

wipe.txt

post-20480-0-77724300-1416276970_thumb.png

Hi, if you are using a MDT integrated task sequence the step should already be there with some logic -

'Partition if necessary'. You just need to add the ZTIConfirmDiskpart.vbs from the MDT packages scripts frolder to the wim under Deploy\Scripts\ZTIConfirmDiskpart.vbs and customize it to your liking (Bill's text!). There are a few tutorials out there to modify the wim.

It's important that it is included in the wim so that it doesn't need to download a package to run.

If you password protect the task sequence surely that will then not need this caveat thrown in?

e.g if you put in the task sequence password you know your about to wipe the machine !!

if you don't put in the correct password nothings going to happen??

simples... or am i wrong?

But users in a corporate enviroment should never store data locally. All docs and settings should be on network drive.

in a perfect world yes, but sometimes things aren't always perfect