simulacra75

Creating Windows 7 SP1 Reference Image, MDT vs CM12

Folks

Just out of curiosity, are there any pros/cons to creating your reference image image with MDT 2013 vs directly through a Task Sequence in CM12? I'm trying to optimize our "gold" image, in terms of size and just want to do the "best practices" here. Our image has both an x86 and x64 image for each language that we support, this means that we have 10 individual images contained within our "gold" image.

I suppose what got me thinking about this was somehow running some kind of "cleanup" that would remove windows update source files, temp files, etc, etc in our Windows 7 images as part of the Build & Capture process.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Many Thanks

We use MDT 2013 to capture images and have two images only - x86 and x64.

Why not take the language packs out of the image and set them to install via MDT based on location? Or even a TS query to look at say, the computer name (providing it's different for each location) then install it

We use that setup for our business, and we've got 17 different language's - works well.