TheWes

Domain join not working with standalone media

Hello,

I have a problem with trying to join a domain and name the PC as part of a UDI task sequence using standalone media. The task sequence works just fine when PXE booting, but it will not do either task when using a USB drive. Do the task sequence variables that are set by the UDI somehow get reset before the domain join step when not connected to the SCCM server? If so, is there a way to get around this? Maybe using an unattend.xml file? I would appreciate any insight on this.

Thanks.

TheWes

Hi

OSDDomainName variable does not work as expected

In the case of UDI, the OSDDomainName task sequence variable is case-sensitive.

WORKAROUND: When setting the OSDDomainName value through a task sequence step or in CS.ini, it must be an exact match to the domain value set in the UDI configuration file.

kind regard

Safet Grahic

http://www.learnmesccm.com/

https://www.linkedin...ahic/a0/842/b21

Thanks for the reply. I have actually read this, but I don't think it applies to my question. Entering in the Domain name in the UDI automatically sets the value for that variable. The problem is, when I use standalone media, this value gets reset somehow in the TS process.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well if you've had any luck. We use a USB thumb drive for re-imaging to obtain optimal speed and flexibility, and being able to automatically join the domain would be a great time-saver.

Hello,

I have a problem with trying to join a domain and name the PC as part of a UDI task sequence using standalone media. The task sequence works just fine when PXE booting, but it will not do either task when using a USB drive. Do the task sequence variables that are set by the UDI somehow get reset before the domain join step when not connected to the SCCM server? If so, is there a way to get around this? Maybe using an unattend.xml file? I would appreciate any insight on this.

Thanks.

TheWes

I have exactly the same scenario : I have a UDI TS that works perfectly through the network. For some reason, I need to create standalone media for some offices with slow connections and no DP.
It seems the variables set in the UDI Wizard are definitely not taken into considerations. Joining the domain doesn't work, computername remains the default one, etc.

I'm wondering if such a scenario has been already successfully done by someone...