craney

Deploying windows to new bare metal pc

Good evening all,

Just wondered if someone maybe able to lend me a hand. First off thanks so much for the guides on this site that are top draw and very easy to follow.

I have a few brand new bare metal pc's that I would like to deploy my windows 7 image to. These have never been turned off so will not have the client installed or be on the network. Is there a way to be able to pxe boot a new PC? I was thinking maybe I could import it manually by adding the Mac address in by looking in the bios during boot but obviously there will be no computer name assigned.

Is this possible?

Many thanks all

Liam

Hi guys

I have gone to the 'import computer information' tab under assets and added in a random computer name as well as the mac address supplied by hyper v. I point it to my 'PXE boot' collection i created and it seems to go through ok. The machine appears in the all system list but not in the PXE collection list i specified.

I'm really stumped now..

Any ideas whats happened here?

EDIT

Solved the issue, for some reason the default limiting collection had been set to servers and clients instead of all systems